Friday, March 11, 2005

Waxing Nostalgic

I see an old friend is back in the area. Years ago a bunch of us worked a small press "magazine" in Northeast Ohio. Several of us are blogging now, some more intermittently than others, and all separately. Back then it took several people to get anything readable out. To cut and paste you actually used a scissors or x-acto and glue, working with printed copy. You had to dummy up galleys, run proofs, get it printed, deliver it to distribution points...with a blog, one of us can put out in a day as much content as three of us could have gotten out in a week. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but I'm not sure it's a bad thing, either.

Anyway, he's just up and started a new blog of his own,
hundred meter freestyle. I'll tell you this: when B.S. (I swear, as far as I know, those are his real initials!) starts writing, you never know what you're going to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home